bashundhara Tissue Kitchen Towel each
- Bashundhara Paper Mills Limited (BPML), a concern of country’s leading business conglomerate Bashundhara Group, has introduced a fully automation system for converting and packaging Bashundhara brand tissue products at its manufacturing Unit-3 at Gazaria in Munshiganj.
- The automation system for Bashundhara Paper Napkin, Bashundhara Toilet Tissue and Bashundhara Wallet Tissue was formally introduced at unit-3 of BPML, formerly known as Bashundhara Tissue Industries Limited, on Saturday.
- The state-of-the-art technology at the Bashundhara Paper Mills will take the country’s premium tissue and napkin brand another step ahead by making its production line fully automated with no requirement for manual handlings to maintain the highest hygiene standard in its product line.
- “The newly introduced automation system will produce hygienic paper tissue products equivalent to the European standards as well as reducing the production costs,” said engineer SM Sorowar, general manger (converting) of BPML unit-3.
- “We have partially introduced the system at the factory. The converting and packaging process will be brought under the automation system within one week,” he informed.
- “Now, no hand touch (manual handlings) will be needed in converting and packaging of paper napkins, which will ensure bacteria and dust-free tissue products,” the GM also said.
- “The machinery for the automation system has been brought from Italy, Korea and China,” factory officials said, adding that the newly introduced system will also save production time.
- The BPML unit-3 has been manufacturing a wide range of products including facial tissue, pocket tissue, wet tissue, green tissue, sanitary napkin, baby diaper, toilet tissue, kitchen towel, glassine paper, and hard tissue and hand gloves.
- Bashundhara Group is the first company in Bangladesh that started manufacturing tissue products in 2000.